Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"No Mama; Bubba."



This was Bennett's first phrase. On May 27th, he turned 18 months, and this has proved to be a time of many milestones. New words are spilling out daily that-we are guessing-have been swirling around in his mind for awhile now. Yesterday, while eating our breakfast, I took Bennett's spoon to my mouth to blow on his oatmeal to cool it. Looking very displeased, he said, "no Mama; Bubba." He thought I was going to eat his food, and he let me know that it was his (he calls himself Bubba) and not mine to eat. Rob and I were so excited that he communicated this thought/opinion! Anyway, just thought I would share the latest.

2 comments:

Linda Z said...

Hi Kelly!!

So glad I got to see you for a bit the other night!! :)

Your little boy is a cutie!! It's so fun when they start linking words together... and then they say things like "No way" and "No want that!" I've learned to ask questions in a round about way so we get more "Yes way" and "Sure, mommy!"

Mom Ryan said...

Hi Kel and Bennett,
Looking forward to seeing him again in 2 wks. Hope you can plan a visit up to CV this summer! Maybe during August? Had a fun B-day yesterday. Thanks for the call! Tara said gift is on the way. Hug and kiss the Bubba.
Love,
Mom Ryan