Tuesday, August 18, 2009

When Daddy's Away...

Mom builds awesome trains.

We have really been missing Rob lately. I have no idea how many hours he has worked over the past couple of weeks...a lot, a lot, a lot. He got the weekend off for Kate's wedding, and it was a wonderful couple of days (lots more on that later). In the mean time, we are doing our best with out him. Our home is definitely not the same when he doesn't spend much time here, that's for sure.

One positive thing that rose from the ridiculous workload/hours:

trains!

I used to build sucky trains. Bennett loves to play trains, and it is normally kind of a Daddy and Bennett activity. But last week, I was up for the challenge (no way could I let my little man down). I was so proud of my new skills that I took pictures, as you can see. I thought the first good one was a fluke, but when the second one turned out even better, I was outrageously impressed with myself. We had fun playing, and that is what really matters (and the fact that we had fun because I can now build awesome trains). Ha ha.

2 comments:

Mom Ryan said...

Wow ~ Very Impressive!! Did Colleen have time to get the photos from her camera before she left? I forgot to ask her! Sorry that Rob is still so busy, but now you have discovered new skills. : )

Linda Z said...

You have some serious train building skills, woman! :) And an amazing attitude toward your circumstances right now! Keep choosing joy... God will bless you in it! :)