Thursday, April 23, 2009

Character


Bennett is a little character.
Lately he says such strange and funny things. I want to share some of his recent quotes. You really need to hear his little voice and how he pronounces things for the full affect. Too bad we can't capture everything!

Here is some of the funny stuff he has said lately:

Bennett (holding up his bitten apple slice): "Mama look, a letter!"
Me: "What letter do you think that is, maybe a C?"
Bennett: "No, it is a piece of R."

Bennett: "Mama, look, I found garlic!"
(He is totally pretending, there is no garlic in sight)
Me: "Oh."
Bennett: "Ya, it's growing!"
Ah, my little weirdo.

The next one started with him making this expression:

I, of course laughed, and he said, "I make Mommy laugh."
"Yep, you did," I say. "Um hm, I'm precious."
Ha ha. Not sure if he knows what precious means, but I was cracking up.

O.k., next up (this one is not a quote):
Bennett has a new technique he has developed that is startlingly skillful. The fake cry. The first few cries had me so convinced that I thought he was sick or in some kind of pain. As I began to realize how suddenly his sadness came to a halt, I thought, "he couldn't possibly be doing that on purpose, could he?" Not that I think this behavior is above the boy, and a fake cry seems like classic two year old behavior. It was just too real: The red eyes, the tears streaming down...
One day he was crying, and I said, "Bennett, I think you are pretending, can you stop please?" The tears stopped immediately, as he replied, "Ya, o.k." Can someone please get this boy in an acting class? Here, see for yourself (disclaimer: this is not his best work):


By the way, when he walks away at the end, he is going watch himself cry in the mirror! All I had to do to make him stop was rub his head and make a weird noise (or something like that).

And, my favorite, his prayer the other day:
"Thank you, Jesus...Daddy, Mommy, Elodie, Squirtz (his stuffed elephant)...
and pancakes and burritos."
Amen buddy, Amen!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

dang...that kid could make you rich with those acting skills.

oh, and amen on the burrito thing. where would be without them?

jenn

Thomas Clan said...

ok, love him! boy howdy would him and Asheroo make a great acting team. :)

Colleen said...

How adorable. He is a spunky little guy.

Mom Ryan said...

It will be fun to see what his imagination comes up with next!! But maybe his "fake" cry could be a little less real?? Thanks for the quick visit yesterday; it's nice that we can drop in now!