Friday, July 18, 2008

My Boys

I took some snap shots of Rob and Bennett the other day that give a little glimpse of their relationship. Bennett is a generally happy guy, but when Daddy comes home (or is off for the weekend), Bennett's good mood reaches a whole new level. On Saturdays, Rob usually gets up with him in the morning, allowing me a little more sleep; I always hear tons of giggles coming from the other side of the bedroom door.

This week Rob has been in Chicago...man do we miss him! Bennett seemed to understand that Rob was away; it helped that we dropped him off at the airport. This is the conversation we have had over and over:

Bennett: "Dad-dee?"
Me: "Daddy went on a trip."
Bennett: "Eh-pway?"
Me: "That's right, he went on the airplane."
Bennett: (doing the sign for airplane) "Ya."
Bennett: "Ah-wu-woo!!!"
Me: "Daddy loves you too, Buddy."

I gotta love my boys.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wohoo~ congratulations you guys! so excited for you and happy to hear that you are feeling well.

Soderin Family said...

cute!

Mom Ryan said...

I'm a week behind on photos. Bad Grammy!

Tara said that Tommy likes to check out Bennett's blog! Can't wait to see you on Sunday!!

The Harper Family said...

Kelly- Congrats on #2...I just read your blog. That is exciting!