Monday, October 27, 2008

Little Rob

So, you have to really know Bennett's Daddy to appreciate this post, and I think all of you do.

The three of us went to our local pumpkin patch the weekend before last...pumpkins were only the beginning at this place. In typical Long Beach style, the patch had everything: rides, a train, a giant slide, and a petting zoo.

Here is the part where Little Rob immerged. You can probably tell from previous posts and photos that Bennett is a fairly animated guy. When he is in certain scenarios, however, usually when his surroundings are new, he turns into a tiny stone wall. He is happy, excited even, if you look closely; but his expression is dead serious. He just takes it all in, and he talks about the experience for days to follow. This was how Bennett reacted to Disneyland, for example. If you met him for the first time that day, you probably would never guess that he is an extroverted, giggly, chatty, little fella. In fact, it wouldn't even have been apparent to a stranger that he was having fun at all. But Rob and I find his "fun overload" attitude to be hilarious. You see, he comes by it honestly. I have been beside Rob through many happy moments-birthdays, graduations, our wedding, to name a few-and there are times when you have to know him quite well to recognize his excitement. I actually love this character trait. Now, I get to love it in both the men in my life!

This very short video captures the description above just a little. On his first ride alone Bennett took his driving very seriously!

The not-so-smooth start!



O.k, I can't help myself...a few more photos:



A little smirk while playing with Dad


Belly update-I know I'm a lot bigger than this pumpkin :)


What finally made the little guy smile?

CHOCOLATE! That's my boy!!

5 comments:

Mom Ryan said...

Well, he definitely gets his loves of chocolate ice cream from both families. Funny how he processes it all...he's a cute little mix of each of your personalities and genes!! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a very fun day.

Love, Grammy/Bumpa

Thomas Clan said...

yippee love the recent pic of your gorgeous self with that adorable belly!!! You look so beautiful Schmell. Also great photos of Bennett, he is so so cute!! Can't wait for our boys to play together and of course sweet little Elodie!
love ya and miss ya tons!
Stac xoxo :)

Soderin Family said...

so cute. he looked so serious when he was driving! i love it! i think noah is a lot like bennett. he can be really quiet in new situations while he takes it all in. you look great by the way! do you think you are carrying the same way you did with b? just curious.

xoxo

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Thanks for the comments (and the compliment, Stace!).

Drea-
I think I'm pretty much carrying the same this time around. I have a kind of flatness on the roundest part of my belly, weird as it may sound. I feel bigger overall this time. I don't know if that's true or not, my weight is almost exactly the same as w/B., but I don't feel cute in clothes that I really liked during my first pregnancy. Even though I don't feel cute, though, I still love being pregnant, because I'm always thinking about my baby girl.

Mom Ryan said...

Hurrah!! Hurrah! Last trimester...how's that baby Elodie?

Love, Grammy