Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Family First

We went to Disneyland today! It was on a whim, actually. Rob recently filled in as AV director at the Disneyland Hotel, and free passes to the park was one of the perks :). It came at the perfect time, because this was an insanely busy work week for Rob. He and Bennett saw each other briefly on Sunday before Rob headed off to work, and then not again until B . and I visited the hotel on Wednesday. The hours were so long that Rob stayed at (his) Hilton two nights in a row. So, Friday kicked off our much needed long weekend, and Rob thought it would be fun to start with a trip to the happiest place on earth. He was right, we had so much fun!



In line for Bennett's first ride-he was beside himself.


The first ride: The Rockets


He loved it! Until...


it was time to get off. There were tears at the end of every ride.



Don't ask me why my eyes are crossed in this picture.



He had to ride the carousel, even though these are everywhere down here :)


Remember when you were little and you thought you were
actually driving?


We watched the band for awhile, they were excellent.




My best attempt at a self photo of the three of us. I think we look tired and a little stoned.



The park was decorated for the season. I love pumpkins, so it made me happy.



Getting sleepy. Just one quick parade before we go.




Bennett loves a parade!



We couldn't leave without a true family photo.

Highlights:
1. We went to Disneyland!
2. Decent weather (for Anaheim)
3. Bennett's huge smiles, "wow's!," and "woh's!"
4. Getting in for free (maybe I'm cheap, but it was pretty nice)
5. Discovering that B. is not at all afraid of heights-
you never know until you try
6. When he saw "the teacups" and shouted, "Tea!"
7. The moment each ride ended B. said "more"
8. Eating a churro-enough said.
9. Bennett laughing and singing the whole way home

Lowlights:
1. Traumatizing the little guy by putting him on Alice in Wonderland.
I think I was overly-excited, and forgot that this ride is loud,
dark, and scary-for this age-whoops. Poor baby was
saying "All done! All done!" Torture.
2. The melt-downs after each ride :)

Thanks for a great day, boys (and you too, Elodie)!



7 comments:

nicole aka gidget said...

how fun! That "real" family photo is adorable!

Kevin Markley said...

hey Kelly,
Why are your eyes crossed in that photo?

Colleen said...

Bennett - we are so much alike. I too: am afraid of the Alice in Wonderland Ride, cry when the good rides are over, and love me a good parade. Glad you had fun, buddy! Miss you!

Mom Ryan said...

The first time is almost more fun for the parents...sorry about the Alice ride. Did he love Tune town? I remember hanging out there with Ally when she was little. I'm due for a visit myself!! Cute family; we are looking so much to your visit this weekend...

The Harper Family said...

Hi Kelly,

I can't wait for Disneyland with Dani! It looked like you guys had alot of fun, what a great first trip.

Let's catch up soon - Emily

Thomas Clan said...

yippeee...so fun!! I can't wait to take the boys. And yes, I totally thought I was "really" driving those cars. And I agree with Bennett, the Alice ride is scary. looks like the good times outweighed that silly ol ride anyways. :)
love ya!

Soderin Family said...

so fun to see pics of your growing fam. i miss you terribly and hope we will catch each other on the phone soon!

hugs...