Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This Kid is So Pushy

My patience is tried. I am physically tired and worn down from this. I knew that being a parent would have it's ups and downs, but never did I expect to be pushed around like this. The kicking, the pressing, the shoving...

and she is not even born yet! Yep, I'm talking about Elodie :). She has actually been wonderful to me. She only made me feel a little sick in the beginning (and I truly mean a little), and sometimes she makes me tired. That is it. But this past month, she has developed a new habit of pushing around in there like she wants out or something. The girl is aggressive. I remember Bennett's kicks-a little bam there, or a little jolt there. Not Elodie. She "kicks" whole-heartedly with all four limbs. She rolls, she scoots, she shoves. The borders are being stretched to their limit (and by borders, I mean my belly). Funny, funny girl.

Lately, I find myself asking Bennett to please rub off on his sister when she comes out. He is so sweet, mellow, and fun. He says excuse me when he burps. He randomly comes at me with wide open arms, and gives me a hug, a kiss, and says "I wu woo." He is still a toddler, and he has fits and melt downs like all toddlers do. But he apologizes on his own. I am not even kidding. Rob and I keep asking him lately "how did you get so sweet?" We are baffled. God is good. Little Bennett makes me excited to meet our Elodie-pushy or not.

FYI: We have big news on the horizon...stay tuned!

4 comments:

Linda Z said...

Smile! That's funny! :) Maybe you've got a little gymnast cooking in there! Looking forward to hearing your big news.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Colleen said...

I can't wait to see you guys on Saturday! I wish you were here with us right now! :( But I'll see you and the crazy baby and the sweet boy in a few days! (And Rob too.) Have a happy Thanksgiving! Hi to the Markleys!

Kevin Markley said...

That little girl is going to have some spunk!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm....Ally was a lot like that. And Bennett is so much like Tommy...can't wait to meet her!