Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bennett Turns Two

O.k, so we have been really busy, but I cannot neglect to mention that the little guy turned 2. On Thanksgiving day, Bennett reached this important life number. The following Saturday, we celebrated via birthday party at Grandpa and Noni Markley's house in Nipomo. He was surrounded by family and friends, and he had the time of his little life.

It was kind of a bummer, because the pictures did not come out well from the party. Attention parents: How do you enjoy the party with your kid and the party goers, while simultaneously capturing the memories? Better luck next year! Here's a couple...

The Cake



Bennett eating a cupcake-he wouldn't touch the frosting, and
eventually asked for a fork. I think he inherited this quality
from his cousin Tommy.

Here is a little tribute to him, and a glimpse into his two years of growing:






Thank you, sweet Bennett for all the joy that came along when you entered our lives. Your name means "little blessed one," but your Daddy and I feel that we are the blessed ones for raising and knowing you. You are: Sensitive, bright, joyful, intuitive, expressive, spunky, fun, friendly, mischievous, mellow, cuddly, stubborn, loving, social, decisive, content, musical...and much more. We love watching you grow!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Whoa I do not know how I missed this post. The photos are very cute! So glad I got to be with the little guy on his birthday! Love from Auntie Coco!

Kevin Markley said...

um the picture with bennito in the yellow shirt is the best one, also you should read my blog and add me to your roll call.

Anonymous said...

Wow - that made me cry a little! How does the time go so fast? We're not going to be able to call him "baby Bennett" much longer! Thank you for a great birthday party day, I'm glad he had the time of his life. We love that big ol' two year old for all the reasons you listed...

The Randalls

nicole aka gidget said...

happy birthday bennett! Kelly- I usually designate a friend (i have one who's a particularly good photographer) to take pics with my camera.