Sunday, December 7, 2008

Movin' On Up

So, here's our big news...
Rob accepted a new job up in San Francisco, and we are moving up north on December 29th. It feels really anticlimactic to blog about, because it seems that everyone who actually reads our blog is family, and you all know. But anyway, we are really excited for another adventure, and we hope that this is it for us. I mean, moving every few months is fun and all (I have actually discovered that I love this type of change and get antsy after staying put any place for some length of time), but it is time to put down some roots.

Rob will be doing the same work he does now (corporate/hotel audio visual work), only this is a regional position. He has a large territory, including 14 hotels located in and between Monterey and Tahoe, but will be mainly working out of The Fairmont Hotel and The Ritz Carlton in the city.


We actually have a house already (pictured above)! We will be living in Castro Valley, in the East Bay. Rob's sister and brother in-law-to-be will only be about 15 minutes away in Pleasanton, so that will be really great. Also, my parents will be 2 hours south of us now (verses our current 6 hour trek)-yay! God really blessed us through the home search, and actually used that process to give me (and I think Rob too, but I will speak for myself) a huge peace about the move. I am so incredibly grateful for how smooth all of the details are going, especially considering that it will be just 6ish weeks from "baby time" when we get there!

More details to follow...

O.k, I have blogged about it, so it must be official.

5 comments:

Linda Z said...

Well, I didn't know!! :) Congratulations!! Sounds very exciting and it's wonderful that God has given you both such a peace about it!

nicole aka gidget said...

Congratulations! Very exciting and what an adorable house. I know how being closer to family can be awesome. :)

Jenn said...

yeah! San Francisco rocks. That's great news.

Jenny Schlenker said...

Congratulations Kel, that is really exciting news- your new house looks so cute! Love you and wish we could snuggle up and get caught up on life!

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Thanks for the congrats, friends.

We are looking forward to being up north, and I am particularly excited about the house. At this point, I am just hoping we can get all of the packing done on time!

Love to all,
Kelly