Friday, December 12, 2008

Fa La La La La


Bennett is our little Christmas elf. I say this because he loves all the "stuff" of Christmas this year, now that he is a big two year old. He is excited about Christmas lights, Christmas trees, giving Christmas gifts...the list goes on. However, nothing exceeds his love for-you guessed it- Christmas music. His all time favorite is one he calls the "hee-hee-hee" song, a quirky little ditty by Nat King Cole. It is a happy, silly song sung in the voice of "the happiest Christmas tree... ho-ho-ho, hee-hee-hee." Rob and I are torturing ourselves day after day by putting the song on repeat, because Bennett's reaction to it is so priceless. It involves smiling, laughing, dancing, and singing. I wish I could get him on video, but the second the camera makes a click or a ding he charges me like a tiny bull demanding to "see it, see it." This is why I don't post more videos.

His runner-up favorite is Jingle Bells (pronounced "ginko buzz"). He requests this one frequently, but we don't own it, so we turn on the radio and wait. The other day we walked into Starbucks, and Bennett stopped in the middle of the doorway to start dancing before I realized what song was playing. It was Ella Fitzgerald singing Jingle Bells. Gotta love that kid. He also likes Angels We Have Heard on High because he can sing the chorus: "glo-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh..."

Anyway, that's why he is our little Christmas elf. He gets it from his Dad, who-and this may surprise you- gets SO excited about all of the Christmas stuff. I am no scrooge, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas too. But my boys have me beat on the excitement and anticipation of all of it, making it that much more wonderful for me!

I found a video of Bennett dancing (sort of), and even though it's not to Christmas music playing, it is pretty cute. I can't believe he actually let me take it!

4 comments:

Linda Z said...

Such a cutie! He looks good in his little ski hat! :)

Colleen said...

Ok, for some reason I keep missing your blogs when you post them. Anyway, the video is adorable! I can't wait to see him again soon and sing Christmas carols! (And Linda's right, the hat is adorable).

Mom Ryan said...

Feel like I've been gone for a month, not just 8 days, but thinking of you everyday and praying that the move goes smoothly. Missing my little guy, and can't wait to hear the Christmas carols with Auntie Coco!
Loved all the blogs, and of course we are SO EXCITED about your family being closer!!!
Love,
Mom/Grammy

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Linda-
Thanks, he is SO into hats, and insists on wearing them when he dances :).

Sista-
I figured out that it is not that you are not missing our entries...I often write them over a couple of days, so I did not realize that the date on the post is the day I started writing, instead of the day it actually posts.

Mom-Yes, that did feel like a month! The little guy misses you too. I too, am very excited about our visit, and I can't believe we finally get to live near you (yay!).