Sunday, February 1, 2009

Full Term!

Apparently thirty seven weeks is considered full term-I thought it was 38. I am 37 (and a 1/2) weeks along! It is very exciting to be at this point where the baby could come any day, as they say. Though I suspect that she won't be here for a little while longer, walking around knowing that we could meet her any day now is pretty thrilling. I did not get to experience this part of pregnancy with Bennett since he was a scheduled c-section. So, I am probably kind of funny to live with right now...but I will let Rob be the judge of that. I am all over the place, running around trying to have every little thing ready. Our bags are packed, plans are made, and Grammy and Auntie Kate are on call (thank you!).

Last week I had some pre-labor developments. Don't read this paragraph if pregnancy details freak you out. I had a bunch of Braxton-Hicks contractions at the beginning of the week (Mon.-Wed.). No big deal, just the tightening and loosening of my belly, I knew it was nothing "real." At my doctor's appointment, however, I found out I am 1cm dilated. Now to some, this may not seem like much, but I was pretty much jumping for joy. In all honesty, until last week I didn't have a lot of faith that my body would do the labor thing on it's own. Then on Wed. night, I had all kinds of contractions- close together, in my lower abdomen, and my lower back (a sign of labor). I was pretty sure it wasn't labor, but again, I enjoyed every moment of it-I'm weird, I know-because something was obviously happening. Thursday morning came, and she had dropped; I am pretty sure that is what all the commotion was about. Nothing much has happened since that exciting evening, but all signs point to baby Elle getting ready for the real world. Rob is actually out of town in Sacramento this week, so if she does come soon, hopefully she can at least wait until Thursday night :)!

Here are a couple of pics. Rob took yesterday:



Maybe our next post will be baby pictures!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

oh my gosh kel, you are totally there. and you look beautiful. i can't believe that i haven't really seen you at all since you have been pregnant. so sad. maybe we can come see you when you are settled in? i can't wait to meet her! love you girl.

jenn

Mom Ryan said...

Happy to see that you got some photos since she might be here soon! And now you have them for her album. You look great, and hopefully Bennett will continue to sleep well, so you are rested for the Big Day!

Take care! & Lots of Love...

Linda Z said...

Beautiful photos, Kelly!! :)

Good job on the dilating!! 1cm is 1cm less for later!! :)

Thomas Clan said...

yippee!! I'm so excited, how wonderful!! You are gonna do great and that sweet girl is so adorable, i know it already! You look so beautiful Schmell! love you.

Unknown said...

So excited to hear how things are going and see that you are feeling happy and healthy. You look beautiful too and Elle is going to be such a gorgeous baby. I cannot wait for her to be brought into the world!! Love to the family!

Colleen said...

I showed my roommate your pics and she said "wow, she's a very pretty pregnant woman." I agree! :) I saw an 8 week old baby today and it made me even more excited to meet Elodie!

Soderin Family said...

you look great!!! can't wait to see miss elodie!

The Harper Family said...

That's so exciting! You look great...I can't wait to see pics of your little baby girl she is coming soon. What does Bennett think about being a big brother?