Friday, February 13, 2009

Sentences

The little guy has been speaking in sentences more and more, and they are getting pretty funny lately. If only my pregnant brain could remember more of them. Here are some samples:

"Bert and Ernie good friends."

"Hey, watch this!!"
(His comment before proceeding to splash bath water all over me).

Bennett: "Mommy. Get it."
(Referring to a toy stuck under the couch).
Me: "Bennett, can you get it, please?"
Bennett: "Mommy, please reach it."
Me: "It is really hard for me to reach it, buddy."
Bennett: "Ya. Belly."

Me: "Bennett, I love you."
Bennett: " I know that."

Preface: "peanut" is how he pronounces the word penis, a recent fascination.
Bennett: "My peanut. Daddy's peanut. Mommy's peanut?"
Me: "No, Mommy doesn't have a peanut."
B.: "Ya. Mommy girl."

Bennett (speaking directly to my tummy): Hi Elodie. See you soon. Meet you.

He's also really into standing on his head right now.

10 comments:

Thomas Clan said...

ok, please how cute is he?!?! :)
love him and you too! and i agree can't wait to meet little miss elodie!!

Soderin Family said...

soo cute! hope we all get to meet Elodie soon!

Colleen said...

I laughed out loud. He's so adorable.

Unknown said...

Standing on his head eh....get that boy in a dance class asap! What a great little guy you two are raising!

Mom Ryan said...

Say hello to our new little Yoga master. Hopefully he won't need Grammy to stand on her head when I come up because...well, it could get ugly.

Can't wait to hear the new sentences! Dad & I have a cozy day planned with a fire & homemade cookies for the storm expected tomorrow, but tell Elodie we'll give it all up for her arrival!

Kevin Markley said...

we need some pictures of the standing on his head!

Colleen said...

So... no luck with the pizza?

Anonymous said...

So cute, so fun, makes me miss him so much!!

Tonight I told Tommy he's so cute and he said "I know" - those two cousins really are two peas in a pod!

Miss you!

nicole aka gidget said...

what a funny guy! by the way, Gigi has been watching "Bennett laughing" pretty much daily. :)

Christy said...

He has grown up so much just since leaving Long Beach... He's really talking now! We miss him!!!