Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had such a nice relaxing weekend. Actually, it was quite productive but still felt relaxing-that's the best kind! Auntie Kate came over on Thursday and brought a bunch of plants for our needy backyard (she is in the landscaping biz.). It was SO kind of her, we are very excited to beautify the place. So, we did a lot of that...yard work and being outside. My Mom and Dad came up for the day on Saturday and got right to work! They dug, weeded, watered, and planted all day. Thank you Auntie Kate for the plants, and thank you Mom and Dad for the labor! I wish I had taken a pic. of Bennett "working hard (as he says)"-very cute.

Then church on Sunday-have I mentioned we found a church?!? It is SOO good, we love it- great worship, great teaching, we love it!! It is huge, which is very different for both Rob and me, but the people are super friendly; we are already getting to know people and finding ways to be connected. I cannot tell you how grateful and excited we are about that.

Anyway, on to the pictures...we wouldn't want you to forget what we look like:


Elle's new bebe pod. She can sit up in it like a big girl!

Self photo, just to prove I still live here ;)

Bennett, Daddy, and Squirtz playing around

Rob brought this hat home from work on Friday,
it's the real deal(looks like a toy, huh?) and Bennett wore
it ALL weekend. And yes, Bennett does wear pants sometimes,
I swear.
Hee hee

She's a thumb sucker!

7 comments:

Mom Ryan said...

That one photo of Elodie with sunglasses, she looks so big! Hope Rob was able to get the plants in the ground? Glad that we could help!! It was fun, especially to see the kids. That's great that you really like your new Church!

Colleen said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend! So excited for you about the church! Love you.

Thomas Clan said...

so cute. can't wait to see your backyard. and thanks again for taking the time to look at that house for us. you all are awesome!!

Soderin Family said...

Elodie's eyes are so beautiful! I am so happy that you guys found a church. Looking forward to talking to you again soon. Please post some pics of your yard.

xoxo

Tara said...

I was going to call you on my way home from Legoland today to complain about needing pics of the baby and I realized I hadn't checked your blog all week! LOVE the pictures, especially the great shot of sweet Elodie's big baby blues and Uncle Josh will love Bennett's new headgear. Miss you guys!

Linda Z said...

So glad you found a church family! :) And the pics of your kiddos are adorable! :) I wish they'd had those cool little baby sits when my kids were babies... they look handy! :)

Mom Ryan said...

I'll start praying that baby Elodie starts getting very sleepy and goes back to her old self at nighttime!

Love you!