Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Best Day

This was the best Mother's Day!



I woke up to a rose right before my eyes with the cutest little boy standing behind it, smiling and waving at me. Rob was behind him holding a tray of breakfast-my favorite-eggs benedict, w/fruit on the side. The three of us ate in bed together. I don't know if I have ever actually done that, it seems impractical :). Turns out, sitting in bed and enjoying fruit and tea with my boys is pretty great. It was particularly entertaining because Bennett thought this was a very silly idea. He laughed and said "mmm" while rubbing his belly with every bite. I want to add that Rob even played Ella Fitzgerald-my favorite-while we ate. He's the best!


Next, we went for a walk on the beach-my other favorite. Bennett fell on his face, and was a sandy mess for his nap, but he didn't mind.



In the afternoon, we visited the Japanese Gardens at CSLB. They have gigantic koi fish you can feed, and the grounds are beautiful. Maybe the pictures will persuade one or more readers to come for a visit? A girl can only hope :)...












For once, Bennett did not try to climb into the water-I think the fish intimidated him.





























We met up with the Randalls later on for dinner. Bennett was far too interested in his cousins to actually eat anything!

















Last year, we had a really sweet day also, but since Bennett was a 6 mo. old who didn't sleep well, I don't remember it! Today I spent the whole day looking at him and thinking about how grateful I am for him-he is becoming such a loving, funny, sweet little guy. I know it's called mother's day, but it is our day, really. And Rob made it so wonderful.

Thank you SO much to my boys for a perfect day. I felt loved and appreciated!!

2 comments:

Thomas Clan said...

Schmell, you are so precious and so are your boys! love you and miss you tons.
Stac :)

Mom Ryan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEL!! Hope your day and year ahead are wonderful! I loved your Mother's Day photos and descriptions. This Blog stuff really is very cool. Especially for Grammy.

Love,
Mom Ryan