Saturday, September 13, 2008

Come, Wednesday



This Wednesday we find out (hopefully!) who this baby is. We have a name if she is a she; if he is a he, we still aren't sure. We are so excited to know, though, and we are hopeful that the baby cooperates. I have felt many movements, by the way; it feels like there is a little fish in there! I am actually really close to my fifth month here (it begins next week), we can hardly believe it. Bennett is so sweet, he will spontaneously walk over to me, lift my shirt a little, and give me tiny kisses on my belly. Then he just stares at it. I ask him, "is that for the baby?" "Ya," he says, and then smiles. He will be a great big brother.

By the way, we will share the name once we are sure about the gender. Prepare to have an open mind, because we haven't had the best reception for our girl pick. It's o.k., we love the name, and when this little one comes, family and friends will find her irresistible no matter what we call her :).

Check back on Wednesday for the good news. We could really use some good news right about now, it has been a pretty rough couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

I just want to say, for the record, that I love the girl name. I think it's lovely and unique, and you know this because I don't do fake emotions well, and I had a genuine positive response when you told me what it was. (I know I'm torturing whoever doesn't know what the name is, but oh well.) I can't wait to find out for sure that it's a girl! ;)

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Thanks, Colleen! I knew you were not faking, and I actually reminded Rob that you thought it was a pretty name. My friend Christy likes it a lot, too. We love it no matter what the general response is, we just want to be sure that we don't give her a name that she will hate; she is the one who has to live with it :).

If she is a she, that is (I like the vote of confidence!).

Soderin Family said...

i like it too!!!

Mom Ryan said...

I heard from Tara yesterday that you will be finding out this week (possibly). So excited to hear if she is a girl, or he is a boy?? I know Bennett will be a great big brother no matter the gender. Sorry that the car thing is a hassle!!

Love you all,

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool and different AND I am officially predicting that it's a girl, so people can just get excited on Wednesday when you share it with the world! Can't wait to start shopping for pink stuff (and lavender, and dresses, bows...!)

If I'm wrong, I'll happily help you think of an awesome boy name! I still take a little credit for Bennett.

Love you - don't forget a little caffeine, but not too much!

Unknown said...

Five months already?!?!? Dang time flies. And in agreement with all that the name (colleen spilled the beans to me) is beautiful, unique, and will suit her perfectly. I went through a period of time growing up not liking my name, although I think that was just finding my sense of independence, but now I love it. And most importantly, you two (along with Bennett's help of course) have created such a beautiful home and foundation that I am happy people like you are bringing others into the world. Can't wait to hear the news! Much love!!!

Kevin Markley said...

you two do strange things and make them cool all the time, aka, the scooter, so this name while is strange, will be cool likewise.

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to hear the sex and the name of this new little person. Seems everyone knows but this great grandmother from Nebraska