Monday, January 5, 2009

A Little Bit of Christmas

Hello all,
For starters, we made it up to the Bay Area! We are alive and well. It has seemed incredibly fast and blurry, and I really know nothing about this town besides the street we live on and-God Bless them-the Trader Joe's, a half of a block away. The truth is, I don't even know what is up our street and around the bend, and I wonder where all those cars are headed... but we are here. We LOVE our new house-it completely feels like a home, even with packed and unpacked boxes still laying around. I will blog about all of it later, but I wanted to show a glimpse into our Christmas before it got away from me.

This picture captures my memory of
Christmas perfectly. Smiles, laughter, sweet cousins,
and squishy puppies.

My favorite present

I am so much bigger than I look here (think "gargantuan")!

Grammy and Santa Bennett sharing a hug

We had a great visit with the Brennans.
Bennett just loves his SLO county cousins-and
doesn't he look like part of their pack?

O.k., I have to say it...how lucky am I?

And I couldn't resist (or choose between) the following videos. The first is Bennett figuring out his new Elmo toy, the second is Tommy and Bennett playing light sabers. The light saber game was the first time we had seen little B. role play like a big kid!






I hope you enjoyed. Happy new year everyone!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Penny looked very concerned when I played the lightsaber video. :) But she didn't bark, so that's nice. The videos are super cute. I miss you guys already. Loved your new house!

Linda Z said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound!! Yay, for Trader Joes around the corner! :)

That is seriously the calmest light saber fight I have ever seen... and I have seen and been a part of many!! :)

Mom Ryan said...

Glad you are back with the blogging world. I've become an addict! Never tire of seeing those beautiful faces. Glad you are getting settled; can't wait to see it. So, what does Bennett think?? It really was a great Christmas!

Love, Soon to be Grammy of 4**!!**
Woohoo!!

Unknown said...

Look at your little man!!! He is going to be quite the big brother. I'm so glad to hear that you have began your new life up north (although sad I won't get the sporadic opportunities to visit you down here). Love and blessings in all the new excitement and opportunities of 2009!

Anonymous said...

Love the kids, love the puppies, love the videos, loved having you here for Christmas! Miss you like crazy, but still trying to stick with my denial plan.

I'm going to take credit for the "calm" light saber fight because Tommy was being a great big cousin and not beating up on his little guy. We were talking about Elodie in Target today and I said "isn't it going to be fun to have a little girl cousin?" Tommy's response: "it's going to be awesome!" Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

One more thing...you are so much bigger than you look in that picture, but "gargantuan" is not accurate!