Thursday, January 8, 2009

Update

We have some recent pregnancy news. To start off, here is what I read in my preggo journal today (hopefully this is not too boring):

"If your baby is born now, it will not only be able to make an efficient transition from the womb to the outside, but it will also be able to resist disease...This day marks the end of eight months (34 weeks) of pregnancy."
Link
So, here we are at month nine. Woh. We have had some stress with moving and finding a doctor; there were only so many options with our insurance, naturally, and when I called around, a bunch of them basically responded by saying, "you're how many weeks?!? Not gonna happen." Then there is this other -not so small- issue of the limited number of doctors and hospitals around here that will allow VBACs. Anyway, yesterday we got some great news, and I am so excited that I needed to blog about it. We had an appointment to meet with one last doctor yesterday afternoon. If things went well, we would be happy and move forward with the new guy. If things did not go well, we would have had to stick with a doctor that neither of us felt very comfortable with (we met him and it was a strange experience), and I would have had no chance of trying a VBAC. So, as you may have guessed, yesterday's appointment went great! We are very excited about the new doctor. His office was cozy but still professional, and his staff was SO friendly. The ladies met Bennett, and loved him, and of course we love anyone who loves Bennett. They even offered to watch him during some appointments since we are new to the area and Rob may not be able to leave work to help me out. Also, I will deliver (naturally or by caesarean-we will see) at a hospital in Berkeley called Alta Bates. It has an outstanding reputation, and we are told that they are really well equipped for complications. And bonus: the labor rooms are private! My doctor will be the guy to bring Elodie into the world (as opposed to another on-call doctor), and that makes me really happy. So, ya, just good, good news all around for the Markleys. We are feeling incredibly grateful to God for taking such care with every detail (as always) of this move. I knew all along that He would make it all good for this baby-after all, He already knows her and loves her. Knowing and trusting are two very different things, though, and I will admit that I was becoming worried. My doubts were put to rest by a God who is much bigger than us.

In Bennett news...I finally cut his hair. I actually really liked it a little longer, but it kept getting super shaggy really fast. Here are the before and afters:



7 comments:

Colleen said...

The haircut looks great! And you finished it too! :) I'm so glad you guys found a good doctor and that you are feeling comfortable with everything! I can't wait to meet that precious girl! (I may have gone overboard with the exclamation points, but I felt that they were warranted.) Love you! :)

Mom Ryan said...

Well, since Bennett is awaiting the birth of his baby "sis", he really needed a more mature look.
Dad and I are so happy that all the hospital/Dr. concerns are working out so well. Looking forward to my quick visit this weekend...can't wait to see my little buddy!

Love, Grammy

nicole aka gidget said...

So happy to hear your good news. Bennett looks adorable in his new 'do! I only wish we lived closer to you so you could cut David's again! :)

Linda Z said...

Bennett's haircut is so cute! :)

So glad to hear that God provided a doctor that you feel so comfortable with! I hope you are able to do the VBAC like you are wanting. I'll pray for you.

Soderin Family said...

great news! God is faithful! hope to hear your voice soon.

bennett looks so handsom!

Thomas Clan said...

awesome news!! we do have a great God!!
love you Schmell and can't wait to be neighbors!!
xoxo Stac :)

Anonymous said...

Cute haircut, finally getting caught up on everyone's blogs! Glad things are going well, and we hope it works to see your house soon when Elodie arrives...